Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buttons in fireworks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubsurfer

Technical User
Aug 25, 2003
US
I have never used fireworks for buttons. When I create a button in Fireworks, it does not work in DW. What I am doing is just creating an up image and a rollover image and creating a rollover in DW. Should I just use this method for simple ROver buttons? Is there a step I am missing because the button is automatically sliced when created in FW. Thanks for your time and attention.

it sounds like you are creating the up and over states seperately in fireworks and therefore they will be two seperate buttons with 2 seperate slices. Why create a rollover in dreamweaver when you can do it in fireworks?? If you make a button in fireworks with an up and over state at the same time, then export it to dreamweaver - you have a rollover. Maybe you have worked this out by now, who knows.

Thanks caines, I have FW MX and I was creating the button states and creating it in FW and it automatically creates a slice when you convert it to a button. I export this slice and its just a basic graphic when placed in DW. I don't know what happened to all of the over, down, and hit states.
Its a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back