Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button Visibility Problems 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

boab

Programmer
May 30, 2001
GB
Hi guys wonder if you can help.

I have a MovieClip symbol (dialogue)which is used as a pop up box by switching the visibililty property of the movie. Inside the symbol there is a button called close_btn which lets the user close the pop up(dialogue._visible = false). The button works fine as a button which I have built but I (and my boss) now want to use the button component to do the same thing. The problem I have run into is that when I try to use the button It will not show in the final movie all I get is a bounding box which functions as the button should but I cannot see the anything of the button but this bounding box. I have tried messing about with the visible property of the button component - close_btn and the dialogue symbol but all this seems to do is remove the functionality of the button (when close_btn._visible=false). Any help is really really appreciated.

THe Start of wisdom is to realise you know nothing. I'll be a genius then!

Are you loading this movie into another flash movie? If so make sure that the button component is in the library of the root timeline. (drag it to the stage and delete it)

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

The dialogue clip is internal to this movie an dthe button component is in the library even placing the button component on the main stage of the main movie yields the same result i.e. a functional bounding box but with no button visible.

Can you post your fla?

I can send you the fla as an attachement if that would help I don't have webspace to post the fla.

pixl8r@msn.com

You are using a version 2 component. For it to work correctly change your publish settings to Flash 7 and Actionscript 2.

Then it should work like a charm!

Hope it helps.

Thanks that works brilliantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back