Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button to send email ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodtest

Technical User
Aug 29, 2003
GB
Hi,
I have a form on which customer order are entered and I would like to have an automated email sent when the data is saved. I created a form which works fine with Outlook, but as some of our employees dont have email and some use Goldmine (eerrgghh) this is not really a suitable solution.
I have been told to use VbMail, I downloaded a sample and have used the sample, but cannot work out to incorporate it into my access form.

I have also been told to look at CDO which I tried and have not really got that to work either.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I might find some suitable code ?? or can someone give me some very basic code to help me out ??

Many thanks

Ben

Sounds like you have IT anarchy in your workplace.

Firstly, I would suggest that everyone is encouraged (forced) to use the same email program. This makes maintenance, training and upgrading manageable. If there are no IT policies in place, may I suggest that someone takes the time to implement some.

As for email out of Access, so long as your selected email package is MAPI compliant, using DoCmd.SendObject will work for any email package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back