Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button to open other flash file

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtk3

MIS
Feb 24, 2004
CA
Hello. I have a flash document that contains a menu with multiple buttons. For one of the buttons I want to open another flash document in a new window (kinda like a popup) but only when the user clicks on the button. I want to, also, control how the window is sized as well as not allow any toolbars, buttons, address bar etc. I want it to open the other flash file and show it's content in a browser window with just the X and - in the top right corner of the window.

I know how to create a URL link for the button and have it open in a new window but am not familiar with Actionscript enough to know 1.) If it can control the windows size etc and 2.) How to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello! I have some code for javascript already. Can I use this in Flash??? If not I think I will have to link the button in Flash to the HTML document that has the javascript in it and then call the other flash file.

This seems like a lot more work!

Cheers
DTK

Thanks! I'll have a look at the Pop up generator today!

Cheers
DTK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back