Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button to insert date and button colour change 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

realbeginner

Technical User
Jun 2, 2005
GB
Hi. I'm making an EXCEL register with buttons to use on an interactive whiteboard in the classroom. I'm almost there but I'm stuck on the last two bits:
- Could you show me how to click a button to input today's date so that it stays as that date (i.e. not a function)
- Could you see what I've done wrong in the code below which should just change the colour of the button:

CODE
Sub Button1_Click()
'
' Button1_Click Macro Present

With ActiveCell
.Formula = "1"
.Offset(1, 0).Select
End With
Button1.ForeColor = RGB(0, 255, 0)
' Colour - Green
End Sub

Many thanks!

Hi realbeginner,

With your code as posted, just change ..
[purple][tt] .Formula = "1"[/tt][/purple]
to
[blue][tt] .Formula = Date[/tt][/blue]

Not sure what's wrong with the colouring code - it works for me. It does change the color of the text on the button not the button itself so maybe you just want BackColor instead of ForeColor.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Hi. I'm still having problems with the colour of the button. The following CODE gives a grey box which says "Run-time error '424' Object required" Debug highlights the Button1.BackColour line. Any ideas?

Sub Button1_Click()
'
' Button1_Click Macro Present

With ActiveCell
.Formula = "1"
.Offset(1, 0).Select
End With
Button1.BackColor = RGB(0, 255, 0)
' Colour - Green
End Sub

Hi realbeginner,

It seems you have a button from the Forms Toolbar. I would change it to one from the Control Toolbox.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Many thanks Tony. That worked a treat. I'll use the new register in class tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Realbeginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back