Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggers

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2000
SA
Hi all,

I have made a small button that saves the input data to the database it works great in testing. Once I put it online (hosting) the button stop working it clicks but no action no errors...nothing ..any ideas?

Regards

time is the father of truth

Basically you need to pinpoint the problem. Have you tried putting a test page out there that maybe just diplays a message or something when the button is clicked? That way you can see if an event is firing. Are you and the server using the same version of the framework? How are you compiling and copying (all the files? just the ones needed to run? etc).

That'll get us started in the right direction.

Also is this an <asp:button> or <input type="button"> ?

Hi Jhurst,
Thanks for your reply,

As I am not so good in .net, would you take a look at the button code would that help? or you thing it is mainly the server side that is responsible?
Reagrds and thanks again

Sure, I'll take a look at it if you post your code. Do you have any other controls that do cause the page to post-back? And if so are they working?

If you are using vb then make sure that the page isn't loosing the "Handles button.Click" portion of the code (vs has been known to loose it before when switching views).

i am using c#. i have validations controls in the page. i made a test page and put a button without validations that links to another simple form but still it works on my local server but do not work online. it seems all buttons whether with validations or not are not working. they are not giving errors they only have no action.

it could be a framework issue on the server. Make sure it is the correct framework version.

how can i check the framework versions of the server and the local ?

Go to Admin Tools->Internet Information Services.

Drop down the list until you find your website. Right click and go to "Properties"

I believe there should be a tap there for .net Framework (it might only show up if you have more than one version.

You can also go to Add Remove programs to see which versions you have installed.

LOCAL - In VS, go to Help -> About Microsoft Development Environment.

If you are using a hosting company, they will have to check the server for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back