Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

button inquiry not functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekunishan

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
US
I've been racking my brain on this one, and really don't want to drive 6 hours to fix this, but:
A customer in WY has an MICS 6.1, 2 0x16 sta mods, and a CallPilot 150. When he is performing a Button Inquiry (F*0), the set display tells him to "Release Calls". The set he is trying this from has no calls ringing to it, and no calls on hold either. We performed a re-boot of the MICS, but the problem persists. He also claims that some of the set extensions got moved around, on their own.... Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Is he talking to you on the phone while trying this?

bkrike,
Negative, he is trying this from an idle set.

More news on this, he has tried this from almost all phones on-site, and they all have this problem, except for x221.

The only time you will get such a message is when a intercom/line button is engaged, one way or another..

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

Is he lifting the handset? People sometimes do dumb things...

Nope, not lifting the handset. I am driving up to Sheridan tomorrow morning. It's inevitable...how excited am I? I will post back with what I find, if anything. Thanks to all for your help.

Betcha he's not pressing the right buttons or pressing intercom first then F*0. Watch him first BEFORE you try it.

Hello all,
telemarv wins the gold star, the customer was pushing Intercom BEFORE Feature * 0... Brilliant! I did, however, swap out the CallPilot 150, the old one had issues. I arrived on-site and all LEDs were out, rebooted and it worked. I attempted a Backup, but it came back with Operation Failed. I just replaced and reprogrammed. Thanks to everyone for the insight, what does it take to make a customer believe what we tell them is 99.999% correct, thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back