Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa902

Technical User
Feb 16, 2001
US
Ok ill try this again -how in Flash 5 do I get a button with the Get URL action open the page in a specific frame of a frameset -thanks

In Flash four I would hit the target button and it would take me to a box where Id type in the frame name. Actually I don't remember if I had to say target="mainframe" But I have tried putting the framename in flash five where the box for _parent is etc. Why can't someone just tell me how to do it -id really appreciate it

Well... If you'd really appreciate it, one thing for sure, is you certainly don't let us know!
You rarely even acknowledge the fact that we've helped you out! A simple thanks does sometimes help!
This is your last chance... At least from me!

This is the way you should of been doing it in Flash 4:

On (Press)
Get URL ("your.html", window="main")
End On

Obviously you should replace "your.html" by the name of your html. "main" is the name of the frame you're targeting and was inputed in the WINDOW box in Flash 4.

The following is what it should look like in Flash 5:

on (press) {
getURL ("your.html", "main");
}

You still must enter your target frame in the WINDOW box!

;-)

I've done my effort, hope you do your's!

I second that motion...... davdesign@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thank you all very much! Sorry if you got the impression that I don't appreciate the help - I do very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back