Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Butt Set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970

Hi, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

We just got a Definity switch installed and I'm looking for a butt set that will work with this switch. My old analog butt set isn't doing the trick, obviously.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Well your analog set will work on your analog lines from the switch. If your looking to use it on a digital set its not going to. I just bring the phone (8410B/D) with me to plug in to test. If it works I then just TTI the phone until the user is ready. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

This might help with testing Analog ports on the floor.

thread690-241201 Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to test the digital lines without logging around a 8410b phone,

Or does anyone know where to get a butt set that worrks on both analog and digital

You won't find a buttset that works,unfortunately, the digital line cards use Avaya's own DCP proprietary protocol. So there isn't a buttset manufacturer out there that can make a buttset for it...

BuckWeet

If you quickly connect and disconnect your analog butt set to the digital line you will hear the circuit pack's signal (similiar to a modem). If you have connectivity and can hear the signal your phone will work most of the time.
One exception is if you are close to the max distance of your circuit pack you might hear the circuit pack but the signal will be too weak for the telephone to work. Larger units seem to be more prone to this. I have a location far beyond the published distance of the circuit pack, a 8410D works fine but a 8434DX will not work at all.
A really bad cable at a shorter distance might create this too. Paul
colemanp@chartermi.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back