Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Butler in the Dashboard 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it that means you're not allowed to drive a tank on the roads in the US then? You occasionally see them driving round in the UK (wheeled, not tracked), but the fuel consumption in generally enough to put people off! Even harder than normal to find a parking space too. I seriously doubt they hit many pedestrians though, you can hear them coming a mile off!

Sharon

In the UK I believe you can put any vehicle on the road as long as you can get it MOT'd, (Road Legal) can't you?

Rhys

Will code for food...

sha76:
The person I remember was driving a tracked vehicle, not a wheeled vehicle. That's what made it so memorable.

In the U.S., vehicle licensing is handled by the individual states. For the most part, it's not possible to license a tank, but there may be places in the northern great west, like Montana or Idaho, which might allow it. I don't even want to think about getting a tank past California's emissions standards.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!

VISIONARY TECHNOLOGY
Presented jointly to Jay Schiffman of Farmington Hills, Michigan, crack inventor of AutoVision, an image projection device that makes it possible to drive a car and watch television at the same time, and to the Michigan state legislature, for making it legal to do so.

The pictures were projected on the front windshield.

This guy received a Ignobel price for his invention in 1993.

It look likes Micro$oft and IBM also deserve one

Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

svanels:
Great link! I especially like the one:
"Jacques Benveniste from France proved that water has memory and this information can be transmitted over the telephone and through the inter net (1998). "

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant/Custom Forms & PL/SQL - Oracle 8.1.7 - Windows 2000

BJCooperIT

Going back to your second post, "Smart Cars"?!

Well, shouldn't we be concerned with 2 more important advancements like "Smart Drivers" or perhaps "Smart People"?

[ponder]

Just a thought...

Maybe if you throw some computers in a swimming pool you 'll have a network? [hammer]

Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back