Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

busy widget 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazhicham

Programmer
Oct 23, 2003
FR
hi all!

when i click on a button of my main window, it creates a new window. so far, so good. but i want any click on a button disabled till my new window appears. i know that there's a busy method but i can't figure out how to use it.

thanx
bye

What are you talking about? What language is this in? Is this a web script dealing in HTML or a local GUI you are trying to get to work?

Perl/TK ?

Mike

"Deliver me from the bane of civilised life; teddy bear envy."

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

If it's Perl/TK, this is from the Widget module text and might help.

$widget->Busy?(?-recurse => 1?-option = value>?)?
This method configures a -cursor option for $widget and (if -recurse = 1> is specified) all its descendants. The cursor to be set may be passed as -cursor = cursor> or defaults to 'watch'. Additional configure options are applied to $widget only. It also adds a special tag 'Busy' to the bindtags of the widgets so configured so that KeyPress, KeyRelease, ButtonPress and ButtonRelease events are ignored (with press events generating a call to bell). It then acquires a local grab for $widget. The state of the widgets and the grab is restored by a call to $widget->Unbusy.

- Rieekan

sorry,
i forget to specify i use perl/Tk.
anyway, thanx Rieekan for your answer, it's definitly helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back