Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy signals with new Telco provider 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sideriver

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2003
US

On Monday evening we cutover from one Telco provider to another on our Local service. We had (12)incoming analog trunks & (10)outgoing trunks. We now have a T-1 Supertrunk for incoming and outgoing calls.

On Tuesday several employees were complaining because customers were complaining of repeated busy signals & were not able to call into our company. On Wednesday morning (Today), an employee tried to call in & leave a voicemail for a fellow employee notifying them that they would be late. This employee tried (8) different DID numbers & all were busy. The problem is there was no one at their desk at this time. This was before business hours.

Please advise

If it's a fast busy I would guess there is either a problem with your target line setup, or the telco provider is sending the incorrect number of digits. Check the length of digits you are receiving in the MICS and then make sure the provider is sending the same.

Brian Cox

it sounds like your original telco may not have released the numbers to your new telco.

I had a problem that was similar, we were moving from a lec to an rboc and porting the numbers from the local telco onto the regional telco. the lec didn't pull the numbers from their database. we were able to prove this by going to the pairs of the lec and getting calls from other lec customers on it. the rboc pairs were getting calls from only rboc customers. BOTH CALLS SERE TO THE SAME NUMBER.

alternateivly you may be changing from a re-seller to either the main provider or another re-seller. in either case it sounds like the one telco may not have released all the numbers to the other carrier. you probably have to hit your new telco up to get some action. keep escalating until you get some satisfaction. start with the new co's sales rep that sold you service.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I have two blocks of DID's. One is 8100 - 8199, the other is 8200 - 8299. I am only having problems with the 8100 block of DID's.

Please advise

I have determined now that the problem is with my original telco & their central switch. The central switch serves the prefix numbers that people are calling from that are experiencing the busy signals.

Apparently the original telco has not completely released our DID's from their central switch location. This causes the busy signals since the original & new telco has possesion of these DID's.

The original telco is working on the issue & I will update this thread once completely resolved.

The original telco released the DID trunks from their central switch location. Issue is resolved. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back