Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy signal depending on whereabouts? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2006
US
This doesn't make any logical sense to me but what I'm hearing from people is that they can't get a call through depending on where they are calling from, or that is what I'm gathering anyway since when I test the lines I can get through just fine. Is there any way I could be inhibiting call allowance due to geographical factors? Thanks.

First of all, It wouldn't be an IPO if it worked logically.

I have experienced what you are talking about. If you call from various provider networks, u sometimes get different results. Im gonna assume that you may have recently ported numbers to a t-1 recently? Alot of times the providers translations changes dont reach all the various provider networks. You should call your immediate provider of you circuits and let them know what problems you are experiencing. They should be able to test and trap those calls and see where the problem is.

Interesting. I'd have figured that if one network couldn't connect to another, it was primarily the network's fault and that I had nothing to do with it. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back