Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy receptionist...ACD or Call Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOcean

Programmer
Apr 5, 2004
US
System is MICS with Flash4.

I have a client who does not want to hire an additional receptionist for moderately busy phones. They also want all calls answered live. Occasionally/regularly, the company does a mailing (advertising). When the mailing hits, the reception phone starts going wild. She absolutely cannot keep up. I suggested setting VM to answer in 4 rings to handle the over-flow, but management does not want callers by-passing receptionist and dialing extensions.

If I upgrade to CallPilot 150, is there any way to program the ACD or Call Center feature that will help this situation? Client is OK with caller's being answered and placed on hold in que for the receptionist.

Thanks in advance,

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

If the customer wishes a live person to answer. You can set up other phones with an Ans DN of the receptionist phone to accomidate when needed? When the Receptionist phone rings the others ring- if it rings more than a few times on of those other positions can answer.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Yep. I suggested that...however, there are no other people to answer. It's just the receptionist and the upper-management. She's located at the main entrance (downstairs) and everyone else is on the second floor.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

let it ring the receptionist for ever and let her get to it ...when she gets to it ...

then they'll realize if it is worth hiring a person or keep the callers waiting in Q ...

CP100 and 150 have basic call center ...more comparable to minuet. flash ACD sucks big time ... get the lines answered by the acd, play announcements , and the opr has to login to take calls ...

I am looking for the same situation out of a call pilot 150. All calls go to the receptionist, I have 33 lines 5-15 seconds per call before transfer, Can I provide an on hold queue setup so the operator does not require all the lines on the set and can simply hit 1 button to get the next call while waiting customers here a brief message until answered?

Just curious would you not be able to use agents to accomplish the task of the "call sequencer".

Set up the receptionist as an agent and have the AA forward all incoming calls to her skillset during bus. hours. The receptionist would be required to login for this to work.

I would like to know if this would work, since I have a similar scenario.

Basic Call Center does play greeting messages. At least I think it does. I think once they are in que they get the hold music, if the system has a device hooked up.

this might work for you: put the lines into a ringing service then use feature 800 to answer the calls in order. you don't need the lines to appear on the set but you can have them on if you want to, this should grab the calls in order.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Mind like a Steel trap - Once used forever clamped shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back