Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy Indicator Vs Bridged Call Appearance 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAS04

Programmer
Feb 18, 2004
US
Hello Everyone -

I was wondering if someone could give me some advantages, disadvantages, security issues, what can be done if there are security issues regarding placing a busy indicator on 2420 phone verses, bridged call appearances. Some of the obvious reasons for using the busy indicator are the are the that bridged call apperceive take up so many buttons etc, has anyone come across this? What have you found works best for your office enviroment?

Does anyone know what the 4 soft keys on the 2420 phone actually do? What is programmed behind the scenes on these buttons?

Thanks Much!

We use bridged call appearences with a CEO/Secretary setup. Busy-indicators just let you speed dial the individual in question, and let you know if the person is on the phone, but don't alert you if that line is ringing, and don't allow you to pick up the line (use Call-Pickup instead).

Susan
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

I agree but I'm getting conflicting info from my vendor

Couple of things.
We use bridged call appearences with a CEO/Secretary setup.
Can the secretary lsiten in on any of the CEO's lines? Does he know if hse is? Do you have all 3 appearnces on the sec phone? What other benefits od you find using the bridged appearance?

Busy-indicators just let you speed dial the individual in question, and let you know if the person is on the phone, but don't alert you if that line is ringing, and don't allow you to pick up the line (use Call-Pickup instead).
This allows you to only know if their on the the phone. What idf another calls in for them what does the sec do?

If the sec picks up the active appearance the display will change to conference. In a true bridge Sec to Boss you will assign two appearances lines 1&2. Calls coming into line 3 go directly to coverage.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hi:

Just 1 remark when using bridged appearances. Make sure the end-user knows how to transfer these calls if needed.

When you receive calls on your own line by pressing trsfr you can transfer the active line.

However, with these bridged calls, you will 1st need to dial the person you want to transfer to and then press transfer to connect both lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back