Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy channel on PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtelengine

Technical User
Mar 31, 2006
US
I have a PRI between my Nortel PBX and Call Manager 4.1. We have identified a problem with channel 23 on the Call Manager side. Is there a way to busy out the channel on the Call Manger side so that no one tries to access it?

Thanks.

Isn't that your data channel? Are configured to use T1 setup or E1?

Stay cool; it’s not over yet!

you can go into cm/service parameter configuration/cisco callmanager(active) service/channel B channel maintenance status 1.

enter S0/SU1/DS1-0@my gateway= 0000 0000 0000 1111 1111 1110

first part is your pri@ whatever address you used.
second part are the channels. i am using bottom up configuration on the gateway with the top 12 channels busied out.
I only need a partial pri for this one.

Hope this helps.

I logged into my cm/service parameters configuration and selected my active server, but do not see channel maintenance. I am on release 4.1

Try the following.
Under the controller configuration.
If using MGCP:
pri-group timeslots 1-22,24 service mgcp

If using h323:

pri-group timeslots 1-22,24

In either case you will have to tear it down and rebuilt it.

why not just dsch the channel on the Nortel side? it will lockout the corresponding channel on CUCM.

Because the Cisco is not smart enough to bypass that trunk.

Iwontremember had the best solution. We were in the area before, but did not select the advanced tab. Now we have the channel out of service and it will give us an opportunity to troubleshoot tonight.

Thank everyone for the help.

I disabled a channel on my Nortel end and did a "show voice call summary" on the gateway, it shows the channel as active, Call Manager should not be able to seize that channel going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back