Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busting out of frames/session variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgreenhouse

Technical User
Feb 20, 2000
CA
Hi

This is a bit of a weirf question, and I'm not exactly sure where to put it...so Ithought I'd try here since it involved ASPs. I have a form used to collect survey info. It is rather long, so I split it up into many forms. Each form submits it's data to a long form in a hidden frame as it is submitted (so there'a long form in a hidden frame that eventually contains all of the survey data). I want to submit this form to an asp that puts the data into a database and then redirects (Response.redirect) the user to a thank you page. I want this thankyou page to come up in a visible frame though! Also, for debugging purposes, it would be helpful if the asp that processes the data is in a visible frame as well.

The only way I have come up with to do this is to dump all of the form fields into session variables and call them back in the main frame, but this isn't very efficient.

Any better suggestions?

Ben

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are doing -
but why don't you let the user create a new database which
upon completion gets merged with the existing one on the
thankyou page ?

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back