Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business View Parameter Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlm153

Programmer
Jun 13, 2003
US
I created a Business View from a stored procedure which has one parameter (a varchar field). The report connects to the BV with no issues. When I put the report in B.O. Enterprise (Central Mgmt Console), the report looks good and I can see the parameter. When I exported the view and imported it into my UAT env along with the report (using the publishing wizard), now the parameter is not displaying in the Console (or rather it shows up as an "unused parameter") or when the report runs. The BV looks ok and the report looks ok.

Any thoughts on why my parameter has disappeared?

Check the security rights on each object and field in the business view, element, foundation, and data connection used by your LOV. Sometimes the import wizzard removes the original rights and assigned a default list that does not allow anyone to view the Business View.

I checked all of the permissions in Business Views and the look correct. In fact, I have about 12 other reports that were all imported at the same time and they are all working except for this one.

The permissions are set to "inherit" from the top level. Does the "inherit" sometimes not work? Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back