Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustylee

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
US
Howdy all,

I've been using Flexibility and VB for awhile to enhance Macola for our needs.

Ocassionally I run across these DLLs that are in the Project -> References list. For example there is an OeOrder.dll.

First, I can never figure out how to use these DLLs. Is there some documentation on them?

Second, are they they like black box components that take care of the all updates necessary if, say, data is changed.

I've SysPro's approach to customization in the e.net architecture and it's pretty nice as it works in this fashion. Using XML, one can, for example, update the quantity ordered for a line item and all related tables and fields are updated. As a similar example in Macola, when you update a quantity ordered of an O type order, the quantity allocated changes.

I'm just wondering if what the nature of these objects are and if they are useful in the VB / Flex world.
-Rusty

There is no "Public" documentation on the business objects. We have requested this from PD several times, but apparently it's "Classified Material". Maybe some of the other developers have had better luck. It maybe possible detemine the arguments from scanning through Web Orders/ Web View ASP pages.

I have been asking for the documentation for these for years. Get a different answer every time I ask.

It would sure make developement a lot easier if we just knew what they were and what their properties and methods were .

Andy

Andy Baldwin

How can I connect to my IMITMIDX table using the PPMaster.dll object in SQL?

danetjorosho,

The question you pose is the same that is being asked in the original question. No body seems to know what the Macola Business objects do.

Andy

Andy Baldwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back