Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Objects User Conference in Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelseatech

Instructor
Aug 25, 2001
NZ
Is anyone from the Tek-Tips community planning to attend the BO user conference in Orlando in November? It is a few months away, but from here in New Zealand we need a bit of time to plan a journey that far away.

Last year I met up with Howard and RhinoK in New Orleans. Be great to meet a few of you other experts.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

I'm planning on being there. Unfortunately, I was not accepted as a speaker (again), but I'm going anyway! So far I've met bdreed35, Ido Millet, chelseatech and Howard Hammerman (among other great people) at various conferences.

It would be nice to see other TTers there, too!

~Kurt

I doubt I'll be attending the conference, but as I only live a couple of hours north of Orlando, I'd be willing to drive down for a meetup of sorts.

-dave

I'm not planning on going this year. [sad]

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I'm 50/50 on being there. I was not accepted as a "Case Study" speaker - so I need to justify the $1,195 USD.

I'll probably decide in mid-September, once I have a better idea of what my Fall projects look like.

Kurt, and any one else who will be attending, please talk to as many BO managers as you can about the training material and classroom restrictions BO is attempting to apply to the independent trainers & publishers community.

You can see more info about this at: thread149-1079133

Cheers,
- Ido

Well, it turns out I'm going. Hope to meet Bruce, Kurt, and any other "Tipsy Tek-Tipper" there... :eek:)

Cheers,
- Ido

Hi Ido,

Excellent news. I look forward to meeting you as well. I've booked for the conference. Just need to decide where to stay. Hotel rates are expensive in that area.

Bruce

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

I'll probably be there - it depends on where we are in the contract process for BO XI. Since we're currently using Seagate Info, the PTB don't want to send me unless we're absolutely certain that the contract for the upgrade is going through.

I'm really looking forward to it!

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Dear Bruce,

I can't go because I am booked at a client those dates. However, I think you would be really happy with a Residence Inn.

Here is a link to one that is 3.8 miles from the conference recommended hotel ... with much better rates.

You get FREE high speed internet access, which the higher end hotels charge $9.95 (plus tax per day) and free real breakfast, so you will want to factor that in too.

best regards,

ro

Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary-at-microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

You will get answers more quickly if you read this before posting: faq149-3762

The session descriptions are available at:
Not too many sessions are focused on Crystal Reports. Some breakout periods don't have even a single Crystal-focused session.

One session description that caught my eye is:
Introducing Crystal Reports for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005:
Code:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 is here—but are you ready for it? Find out how Crystal Reports is leveraging the new powerful Visual Studio 2005 environment. Learn how to prepare your applications for the .NET 2.0 framework and explore sample applications that show the power of integrating Crystal Reports within your .NET applications. During this session, you’ll get valuable information to help guide your strategy for adopting the .NET 2.0 framework with BI from Business Objects.

Cheers,
- Ido

I'm booked and confirmed for the conference - staying at the host hotel. Hope to meet some of you face-to-face in Orlando.

I like the on-line planner/booking system for the track sessions.

Mark J. Richardson
MJRBIM

I assume Brian Reed (bdreed35) from "Crystal Advantage" is going to be there too. Brian, let us know if you'll be there and if we can meet (when the morning sessions end) at your booth to drag you to lunch.

Cheers,
- Ido

Ido:

I will be there. I got choosen to present at a break out session this year. I am not sure if we are going to have a booth or not, though, so we can plan on meeting somewhere in the vendor area at a specific time.

Brian

~Brian

Brian - What's your session...?

I'm planning my track sessions calendar next week.

Track: Reporting, Query, and Analysis
Presentation Title: Crystal Reports: See the Power of Parameters
Date and Time: Monday, 7 November, 2005, 3:15pm - 4:15pm

~Brian

This year Business Objects has tried to increase the number of Crystal-focused sessions by more than 20%. There are several sub-tracks that pertain to a Crystal audience and each track has about 5 Crystal-related sessions:
-Reporting, Query and Analysis
-Deployment
-Custom Development

Plus, in looking through the scheduler (visible by conference registrants), there's also a "tech tracks" theme where there are about 8 that are Crystal Reports related.

More details posted at:

I see that a bunch of us from TT are going. Do we want to set up a time to get together? This is the first conference that I've been to for Crystal stuff, and I haven't met any of you before, but would love to!

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

How about swinging by the APOS booth each day around 12:20-12:30 (Lunch time is 12:15 - 1:45) to see if we can group and head to lunch together?

Cheers,
- Ido

I will meet there for lunch on Monday.
Looking forward to putting some faces to the names.

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back