Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Objects Universe Webintelligence XI R2 - grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2007
GB
Hi

I have been able to group in a webintelligence document using the IF statement. I was wondering if it was possible to group together in a universe.

Would I use the case statement?

I am using Business Objects XI R2

Thanks

an update the case statement that I am using which I think will solve the problem is

CASE Table_Value1
WHEN Table_Value1 in ('L4','L4507') THEN 'L4' ELSE 'L7' END

This statement cannot be parsed in Designer.

Any ideas?

Use the correct syntax for case statements. You are now mixing 2 syntax versions:

Code:
CASE
WHEN TABLE.TABLE_VALUE1 IN (('L4','L4507') THEN 'L4' ELSE 'L7' END

or:

Code:
CASE TABLE.TABLE_VALUE1
WHEN 'L4' THEN 'L4'
WHEN 'L4507' THEN 'L4'
ELSE 'L7' END

Ties Blom

Thanks for coming back to me. This is the first time I have used case statements - so was very unsure about them

I have tried both ways of writing this statement, and I still get a parse failed.

Any ideas - I have put the statement in the Where clause and have the value in the select clause area. Is it in the wrong place?

I have not used Designer much for statements.

Thanks

You need to put the whole statement in the select part. Do not be put off if the expression does not parse immediately. (think it should parse correctly if a table is within the syntax)

Ties Blom

As a quick editorial. You should almost never use the Where portion of an object. The entire Case statement is a Select object.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back