Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Objects date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2003
GB
I have created a report that will compare whether a authorised date is greater or equal to today's date. I have got the user to enter today's date. How can I automate this without user having to enter the date.

e.g Authorsied_date >=Currentdate(), this has to entered in tne conditions part of the query panel of the report. All user will have to do is refresh only..

Many thanks

Can't you use sysdate? This will then use the date that is on the database won't it?

A.

Why not just build a condition object in the universe that does exactly what you just specified.

You can't do this in the query panel, unless you build an object for currentdate(). It's easier just to have the pre-defined condition.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

I have a date field (<Terminated On (Date))which is a Dimension). I have tried to create a FLAG so that all dates greater than 31/12/2004 give the Boolean value of 1.

I have tried create a object (both as a dimension and measure)using the following

=<Terminated On (Date)>>31/12/2004

but get a Incorrect Date type (DMB0003) error.

any help will appreciated
Zahed

You need double-quotes around dates. Your getting and error because you rcyntax is wrong.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back