Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Object VB open document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick46

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
US
I have a number of Business Objects report that I want to open and edit. However these reports each run a very long time. Thay are all set to autorefresh on opening so just opening them would take a long time every time I want to edit them. I was hoping that Business Objects had a way to open the files WITHOUT causing the refresh to begin (like holding the shift key down in MS Excel or MS Access prevents any auto macros from running). Failing to find that, I am searching for a programmatic solution. BO has a DOCUMENTS.OPEN function in Visual Basic but there is very little help documentation for using the "noAutoRefresh" sub parameter. I cannot get the correct syntax for using it. I have tried:

Documents.Open("filename",True)
Documents.Open("filename",noAutoRefresh = True)

No syntax seems correct. Does anyone know the correct syntax to use the noAutoRefresh parameter?

I am new to VBA within Business Objects, but in the absence of any other replies thought I would through a suggestion into the ring!

There is a Boolean Documents.AutoRefreshWhenOpening option, which you could make false.

Let me know if you do find a solution that works!

Victoria

try the following.

In your Bo report go to

Tools ->Options->Save tab . Disable the option
" Refresh Document when opening"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back