Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Object Reporting and 523 SP6

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacoward

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
AU
People,

I've just heard that SP6 for Ellipse 5.2.3 includes 12 Business Object Reports. To use these reports will we have to purchase BO?

What is the architecture that supports these reports eg. do the reports live on the Client or on the Server?

Thanks

Mincom announced its future reporting strategy in October last year, details of which can be accessed through their internet site. Mincom’s new reporting solution is powered by Business Objects product.
Service Pack 6 is the first of a number of deliveries to be made during this year which will result in over 200 new reports being made available.
As the new reporting solution is powered by Business Objects product licenses for the relevant product will need to be purchased. This would normally be done through Mincom who have OEM arrangements with Business Objects.
The reports, and the supporting software, can be run on the server but would normally be run on a separate report server for ease of administration.

Thanks for the info,

I'm wondering, as we already have a licence for BO, what version and products are required from BO. Also are these Crystal rpt files that connect directly to the production database, or was an entire BO Universe designed and built?

I guess i'm looking for a technical overview of the solution so i can evaluate it and provide recommendations. Is it too early to deploy it now? What architectural changes will occur in the following Service Packs? Are any changes requried on the Server to deploy this solution?

Cheers

Best avenue to get answers to all of your questions is through your Mincom account manager. I am sure that the answers to your initial questions will prompt many more.
A brief answer to some of your questions:-
The first release will be using BusinessObjects 6.1b but from July it will be 6.5.
A complete new Business Objects Universe has been designed and built to support the new reporting solution.
It is not too early to deploy the solution. Full integration with Mincom Ellipse is available from July onwards but chances are that if you started on the upgrade now it would be at least July before you went into production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back