Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Inkjet 1000 prints all except Excel Documents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mid6

Technical User
Aug 21, 2008
GB
Hello All,
I hope you're all in good spirits!
I'm trying to 'help' a friend with a rather odd printer issue: all documents (Word, Image, Hotmail email, etc.) print fine but when we attempt to print an Excel document, nothing happens!
We're using a new laptop running Vista Home Premium and using Excel 2007. The printer (HP Business Inkjet 1000) gives nothing out (not even a whirring sound) when given an Excel doc, although, we've noticed the power light flashes (the user manual says that this indicates normal operation!). The printer is attached via USB cable.
Well, I was wondering if anyone had encountered something similar to this and whether or not any solutions had been found.
Thanks for your time reading this and I certainly do hope you can help me out.
Good evening :eek:)

Have you double-checked your default printer for Excel? With an Excel sheet open, hit CTRL+P and see if it points to the HP printer, not a file or Document Imager.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Hi Tony. Yes, I've checked that; thanks for your suggestion though.

What kind of layout are you printing from Excel? Is Excel set to print on a paper format your printer doesn't support? Have you tried simply printing an Excel doc with no data entered in?

A+, Network +, MCP, Security +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back