Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Element Manager and Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetlePro

Programmer
Nov 30, 2006
SR
Hey guys,

I read through some post regarding my problem (Telephony Resources won't show details in the space below) and I think the "reverting back to java 1.5" might work.

Here's my Problem.
- I uninstall Java1.6 from my machine with element manager installed.
- Install Version 1.5
Without the Element manager changing.
I've checked the Java version in my Internet explorer and it does show version 1.5, but in Element manager when I go to the about screen, it still shows 1.6

I've looked into the directory of the element manager and saw it has it's own copy of the Java.
I Allready tried copying the contents of the java1.5 folder over the java folder in EM, but EM won't start up at all with the 1.5 folder replacing the older one.

So my question is. How exactly am I to change the Java version 1.6 that the EM is using?

some specs:
BCM450 r5
all patches applied that are available at the Nortel site.

Pro refers to my company, not my status

DID u download a current version of EM from your BCM?

Per the BCM450 System Update for Release 5.0, you will need to update your Element Manager to version 61.0.1.

Thanks guys,

I was stuck not able to download because I didn't get the pop-up to enable java on the bcm website.
The application didn't start for me to be able to download/update the BEM. So I just took another Laptop. got to the Application starter and downloaded BEM.

No problems since, the Telephony resource details display as normal.

Now that the system is installed, I'ma work on getting my laptop to download the BEM

Pro refers to my company, not my status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back