Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Element manager 62.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradstephenson

Technical User
Dec 3, 2014
US
I have successfully installed BEM 62.0.5 on my windows 10 64 bit machine but whenever you attempt to validate the device, it states unknown. It sees that a device is there but will not connect to it. The computer I had with the working version 60.1.0 was Windows 7 and its Hard drive died a horrible death. I no longer have an interface to access the BCM50s. The old software will not install on my Win10 machine in any compatibility mode. We even tried installing it on a virtual Win7 and it just hangs there and never installs. I need some help. Thanks

As a workaround for now, you can always setup a Virtual Machine.

I have a virtual machine running Windows 98SE to access old BCMs... Not sure if you have to go back that far for Element Manager, but i would avoid Windows XP in a Virtual machine, it just doesn't seem to work right.

Verulam Telephone:
Communicating is our Pleasure!

Serving Northern Ontario

This is a java issue, you need to remove 2 references to MD5 and 1 ref to MD5withRSA inside the security file.

See here on how to under Option 1:

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you all for your responses. We got it working. What a relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back