Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Communications Manager 50 - Advanced Paging Productivity Pack 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telbouy916

Vendor
Aug 27, 2015
US
Hi all and, Happy Friday.
Wondering if, via wired push-button (16 total)once a button is pushed and the Wav file begins playing, can we configure the BCM to play X number of times? Additionally, once the button is pressed, the system is triggered and audio is playing, a second button is pressed, will this action stop playing the first audio file and immediately trigger/begin playing the file associated with that button?

Scenario,
Hard-wired button 3 is pressed, audio file 3 begins playing "announcing"

While audio file 3 is playing

Button 6 is pressed

Does this action kill audio 3 file and begin playing audio file 6?

Thanks all.

The odds are good and the goods are odd

The button is called the CAB (Customer Assistance Button)

Once pressed it will use the Park & Page programming setup in CCR.
It's settings has "Page Retries" and "Page Intervals"
Page Retries = 5
Page Intervals = 60
Means you will hear the page 5 time with a 60 second break in between pages.

If the site is heavy on this feature then best to make the intervals longer so that other CAB's can page too.

I will assume that since you cannot do a normal page when another set is paging (you will get paging busy) you will not hear double pages over each other and that most likely the next CAB page will play soon as the prior one is completed.

Suggest to make the length of a page less than the Interval time.

Let us know how you make out with it.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi @curlycord.

Thanks for the info.
possible to configure some sort of a page-interrupt via automatic feature?

Appreciated.

@ curlycord. thanks.

anything we can do with IPO500v2 perhaps? or another older version of Nortel?

Appreciated!

@ curlycord.

wondering if we're on different pages. I'm wondering about Advanced Paging on the BCM. though this feature can we achieve the procedure or actions mentioned in the original post?

Happy Friday.

"anything we can do with IPO500v2 perhaps? or another older version of Nortel?"
Do not know about IPO, as for older versions of Nortel's then certainly not with BCM or Norstar and doubt Succession.

"wondering if we're on different pages"
Ohhh, pun!
That now makes two of us

1st question asked:
can we configure the BCM to play X number of times?

Answer given:
It's settings has "Page Retries" and "Page Intervals"
Page Retries = 5
Page Intervals = 60
Means you will hear the page 5 time with a 60 second break in between pages.

2nd question with 2 versions asked:
a second button is pressed, will this action stop playing the first audio file and immediately trigger/begin playing the file associated with that button?
and
While audio file 3 is playing, Button 6 is pressed, Does this action kill audio 3 file and begin playing audio file 6?

Answer given:
I will assume that since you cannot do a normal page when another set is paging (you will get paging busy) you will not hear double pages over each other and that most likely the next CAB page will play soon as the prior one is completed.

I just did a test for you using the Kiosk method as my CABs are not online at the moment.

With the Kiosk method:
Two pages in the same zone - one page waited for the other to complete.
Two pages in different zones - they will page simultaneously
When I cancelled a page, it waited for the current page to end, no more retries were played.

Of course now that I finish testing and then read the guide I now see under Customer Assistance Page:

If the page zone or overhead page system is in use at the time of the page, the Avaya BCM
system queues the page and plays it when the resource becomes available.

The above was also mentioned 2 other times in the same guide.
This also goes for One Button and Schedule pages and as I just proved, the Kiosk pages.

I strongly suggest your read the Advanced Paging Productivity Pack Configuration Guide so that you have an understanding of how APPP works.
Set it up, test it, then report back with how it went.

Are we still on different puns?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Love the sense of humor. Happy Saturday. Grateful for your taking time to test as I had to toss our test BCM50 last week. its old bones just wouldn't work anymore :)
I read the manual last night. I did see things you mentioned above and was going to reach out to you. I recall seeing something in BCM 7.0
"force cancel page" although I have yet to grab that manual off the shelf and dig in. I recall this setting we did for a hospital several years ago but my aged brain is rusty.

Think we'll need to use a Visiplex product or a Bogen BOMDMU. Prefer to use Old Faithful Nortel however if I could but since I no longer have any BCM in stock, no bueno.

Thank you, Curlycord. you have helped me in the past years too! Folks like you are what this planet need more of my friend.

Take care and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back