Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Business Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNic3

Programmer
Sep 23, 2004
US
I am trying to create a Business Alert that will send a report listing all journal entries made to the General Ledger of $500000 or above. I can get it to return either debits or credits but not both. Additionally, I want this alert to run once a week and have not been able to get this to happen. I have been using DATEADD(DAY, -7, GETDATE())
Help!

Are you using the Business Alert wizard in Great Plains or are you using sql?

I don't know about others but the wizard just seemed to limit me. I find it easier to just create a job in SQL and schedule.

If the report in questyion is a crystal report, you have the syntax wrong for the formula. It should be:

Dateadd("d",-7,CurrentDate)

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

I am not using Crystal reports. Thank you for the suggestion however, this doesn't work in Great Plains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back