Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bury the 9 on MICS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc75959

Programmer
Aug 19, 2004
US
We are using 9 to access line pool a. Then we have to dial 9 for verizon centrex. WE called verizon to cancel the 9 and it will cost us $$ monthly. Regular dtn will cost more as well! Is there a way auto input a second 9, when 9 is pressed?

last time ...prog a ext auto dial with just a 9... walla

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Thank you, but I am looking for a system wide feature. When people go off hook, they should be able to enter one 9 not two.

Thank you, but I am looking for a system wide feature. When people go off hook, they should be able to enter one 9 not two. I don't want to go around and re-label all the set for an ext autodial. Any way to do it with routing?

It sounds like your prime line on each ext. is set to IC and then you have to hit 9 to get a pool and then 9 again to get centrex dial tone. Couldn't you change the prime line on each ext. to pool A and do away with one of the 9s? This would make them have to go off hook and press IC to make in internal call but does what you want to do with external calls.

also all incomming calls will be answered with same problem ...you will have to press the ringing key...by proggraming all phones with a outgoing key that is prog with the ext autodial "9" you only have to dial 9 once..or prog routing to insert the 9 for ya and pickup icom and dial one 9 have sys insert 2nd 9

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Yes you can do this with routing services.
Clear the 9 from the Pool A access code.
Build a destination code of 9 absorb 0 digits and tell it to use route 000.
This will bury one 9.
If you want to bury both 9's build a destination code of 9 and absorb 0 digits. Build a route 001 and in dial out press f78 then 9 use poolA.
This will select PoolA and insert a timed pause and a 9 into the outgoing dialling string.

Sorry slight correction to previous thread:

Yes you can do this with routing services.
Clear the 9 from the Pool A access code.
Build a destination code of 9 absorb 0 digits and tell it to use route 000.
This will bury one 9.
If you want to bury both 9's build a destination code of 9 and absorb all digits. Build a route 001 and in dial out press f78 then 9 use poolA.
This will select PoolA and insert a timed pause and a 9 into the outgoing dialling string.

Program F 64 plus your pool code to a softkey. Thank gets you to your one 9 Centrex Service..

aragon,
Your previous suggestion worked great. I hid 1 nine. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back