Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Burning Music CD's to play on car stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchbeav

Technical User
Sep 11, 2002
US
I have never done this before so some might think I am crazy for not knowing the answer. I have downloaded a ton of songs, in MP3 format. What format do I need to convert the songs to in order for me to play them on my home stereo or in the car. I know I need to use a CD-R disc. Someone once told me that I needed to convert them to WAV files, but I only get an error message on my car stereo when I do that. I know I can't leave them in MP3 format if I want to listen to them in my car. Can I use my Roxio CD Creator to convert these files or do I need a special software? Please help.

Other good websites to download music from besides Limewire? Use to use Napster but got discouraged with it.

I use NERO and it automatically converts the MP3s to WAV if I create an "Audio CD". You have to choose another option to make an MP3 CD. I think with Roxio you choose the option "Make a CD that is compatable in all Cd players" or something like that. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [idea]

The best thing to use is Nero. Select Audio CD, Drag your MP3s to the list on the left and when you are done, hit

CTRL-A (Select All)
Right Click and select Properties
Filters
Normailze

Then go to file and Write Disc (Burn)

It will automatically convert the MP3s to WAV.

Make a note of the time used at the bottom. Don't waste your time with the Roxio software. It has a similar function, but it does a lousy job

Not all CD devices can read CD-Rs (don't even think of using a CD-RW!). You may have to experiment with a couple different brands of CD-Rs.

Your writer will automaticly convert you MP3's to WAV in (create Audio CD), which IS the correct format for your CD player but as somebody just said not ALL CDplayers will play recorded disc's but don't give up, try several differant makes of recording media because sometimes players can be finicky and will work fine with a certain CDR media type. Martin Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back