Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Burning .bin File 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojoman

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
US
I hope I didn't post this twice but not sure if this the right place to ask. How do I burn a .bin file to CD? I'm familiar with .ISO files but have little experience with .bin files.
Mojoman

And you are using what software to burn it with?
Normally a .bin has a corresponding .cue file. But most burner softwares no longer cares.

Just in case, the world famous bcastner universal .cue file creator:
Use notepad to create a new .bat file, called cut.bat, and copy/paste the above.

Use the file at the command line:

cue name_of_bin_file

I have Nero 6 Ultra and Roxio Easy CD. I guess the real problem is that I don't know what to do with a .bin file! (;-( It is supposed to be an application and the only thing I've ever used .bin files for was to program chips in keyboards. ? BTW; It Does have a cue file with it.
Mojoman

If you have the .cue the job under Nero is done:

. Insert the blank CD, and select Nero under the AutoPlay choices

. When Nero opens, click the "New" button (unecessary, but just to be safe). Then at top left click File, Burn Image...", and double-click the .cue file (you may have to Browse for it, which is fine. But select the .cue file and not the .bin file)

. The Nero screen should populate with the needed settings. Now click "Write".

Worked Perfectly! I would never have found it on my own! Nothing in NERO [That I have found] mentions anything about .bin files! How you guys find this stuff amazes me but keep it up! Without you I'd be totally lost! (;-)
MOJOMAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back