Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bump Mapped Copper text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2008
US
Hi all,

I hope I am in the right place. I am a disabled lady trying to find a new occupation (I was an auto mechanic). I am in school to be a Web Publisher (I hope). I have a mid term due next week and found a really great font variation that would look excellent for what I am doing.

PROBLEM - I can't seem to follow directions as I have Corel XI and the directions were written for an earlier version. I don't use my Corel program much at the moment so am very unfamiliar with it. What I am trying to do can be seen here...

and I am trying to use the "Bump-Mapped Copper Text". The college I go to is "Copper Mountain College" and this would be perfect! If anyone could help me with this I would be so thankful. It seems I don't have the same buttons/bars as the previous versions of Corel so I am lost.

Thank you so much for any help you might be able to provide and I do hope I'm in the right place.

Best wishes,
Plumeriastix

Actually this is the Photoshop forum a totally unrelated application to Corel PHOTO-PAINT.

You might get better help by asking in the PHOTO-PAINT fourm here:

forum240

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Oh do I feel like an idiot!!! Thank you so much. Due to pain I don't sleep much so the mind is not what it once was! Thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction :)

Best wishes,
Plumeriastix

Can you specify which parts of the tutorial you are having trouble with? A few things might have changed names or are now hidden as unused commands/tools.

Actually, this isn't the PHOTOSHOP forum either. It's the PaintShop Pro forum. <evil grin>

Ohh my god. biggest typo ever, and i didn't even realize it until just now.

he he.

Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Thanks all for trying to help! I really am sorry I was in the wrong forum, hope you will forgive :)

Best wishes,
Jerri

Yeah, we aren't bashing you. Jerri. I made a mistake and they bashed me. Its o.k. Hope you found help in the other forum.

Hey Vacunita, I wasn't bashing you either, I thought it was very cute actually! <big smile>

And no problem plumeriastix!!!

LOL, I didn't think you guys were bashing me, I just think it's nice that you've all tried to point me in the right direction and I wanted to thank everyone for it. :)

Some forums are nicer than others and you guys are all great! I may go and buy this program just so I can come back here where everyone is so friendly :)

O.k so we are all very nice and friendly and no actual bashing has occurred.
:) ;).

Hey Plumeriastix! I've been using Paint Shop Pro for years and years. It can do everything the others can do and then-some! I would recommend it to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back