Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bullets in Powerpoint 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

knitwit

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
US
A coworker has set up a powerpoint slide with 2 bulleted text areas. One text area was copied to create the other text area. The space between the bullet dots and the start of the text is different between the areas.
This is on the same slide. They have the same font, point, formatting... The text boxes are the same width. Why aren't the starting points of each line of text the same? I believe that Arial is the font selected.
I also checked for extra spaces, indents....
Thanks
Melinda

Have you tried the format painter to "paint" the format from one to the other just to see? I have copied and pasted texts in other Office programs, and had to use the format painter to get everything matched up.

My first guess at actual settings that may be different would be that possibly one is saved as the "Title", and the other text box saved as "subtititle" or "body". If the first doesn't work, try checking into that.

Also, you may want to look at the margins within the text boxes, to be sure they match.
To see these options, right click on a text-box, choose "format placeholder", then choose "text box" tab. There you will see that info.

Thanks,
We looked at the slide. I had already tried the format painter with no luck. We checked the format placeholder and found that the second box (even though it was copied and pasted from the original) was a shape box. We copied and pasted again and now the problem is solved.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back