Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulletin Board 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmynetstep

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2006
US
When I am about to logoff from ASA, i get a message telling me that there is a busied out resource; verify if release is needed.

I
a) how do i verify the resource that is busied out?
b) what verification would be needed for release?
c) why would it busy out and need a release?
d) how do i release the resource once i find it?

II
a) how can i change what the Bulletin Board displays?
b) when I try to view alarms, i get the screen that allows me to set what alarms I want on...... I want to see the ACTUAL alarms that come up.

Sorry this is a bit long....

Do 'display errors' and put 18 in the Error Type field and 'errors' in the Error List field. Type 18 is busied out ports/devices. If you have the appropriate maintenance permissions you can do 'release port x'.

Kevin

I still need to know how to change the bulletin board message.

..... and the other points =)

I think what you want is after you do disp alarm, set any parameters that you want then press F3 to view the alarms.

Hope this helps

DonBott

Yes, that gives me more info! I was not aware of the F3 =(

Anyone know how to change the message on the message board? or how i can set alarms to be displayed on the message board for me to review?

Alarms won't show up on the bulletin board - it's just for posting notes for other technicians

DonBott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back