Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bullet Points in a Memo field

Status
Not open for further replies.

T8JGT

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
GB
Does anyone know how i can make a memo field insert a bullet point after each new line?

Not sure if you can. Memo fields are rather restrictive in what you can do with them. I assume that what you want is to not store the bullet but in a report or on a form provide the bullets.

What I would try is to parse the value in the field based on the carriage return and concatenate a bullet symbol after each parse. I can't offer you much more than that but it seems like that might provide a potential return for you with some research.

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do? I believe AppStaff is correct. Take a look at the Replace and Chr functions. Used on a form or report, you could replace all instances of the vbCrLf character (the hard return) in your memo data with vbCrLf & Chr(i) - where "i" is the numeric value for the bullet character you want to insert.

Ken S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back