Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulk Editing of CSS under Call Forwarding 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deweyhumbolt

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US
I have moved 100 telephones all in the 54XX range from an off site location to our main site. I already changed the CSS, DP, and LOC for all 100 manually. Is there a way where I can bulk change all of the eleven individual CSS under Call Forwarding for all 100 telephones in an extension range.

Thanks.

"Adversity is Opportunity

Wow, that must have taken some time manually updating all those phones! There's a simpler way to handle all that and the CSS. Under the Bulk Administration tool, do an Export of each phone type with All Details (don't have different phone models under the same export). Once exported, do a Text Import on Excel (using comma delimiters) and make sure all columns are changed from General to Text. You can also just rename the export file with a .csv and load it right into Excel, but then some long numbers may be reformatted and lost during the import process. I learned this the hard way once when I corrupted a bunch of extensions that were forwarding to an external number.

Once you've loaded it into Excel, you'll see every setting for the phones. Change the CSS for the phones you wish to update. I recommend removing all other phones in Excel you don't wish to change. Once you have the spreadsheet updated, save the changes and make sure the format is under Comma Separated Value. Now load that new file back into the CallManager seting the Transaction type is "Insert Phones - All Details". Now under the Insert Phones page, select the option for All Details and pick the file you just uploaded. Finally, check the box to Override the existing configuration and submit the job to run. It will then overwrite the current phones with the new settings. Check the Job Scheduler to see if there any errors. You'll have to repeat this whole process if you have different phone types.

I recommend doing the update on just a few phones first to verify you have the process down and correct. Don't want to update hundreds of phones with the wrong settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back