Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buildup of evt files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

netlizard

Technical User
Jun 28, 2003
US
Hi,

We are getting a build up of .evt files in the c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\temp. Does anyone know what these files are for and what they are used for? One of our servers has over 10gb of these files sitting there. I would like to remove them because we are running out of space on the c drive, but I want to know what they are used for first.....

John

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have tons of .evt and .reg files in Veritas\netbackup\temp folder

Thanks.

Well, a .evt file is an event file that Windows uses to log events. On a server, if the event logs fill up (usually past 4086k or something) the servers will stop functioning properly (users can't authenticate, etc). So, it might be the way Veritas archives these events and just stashes them in the temp folder. It is your option if you want to hang on to these files or remove them. Also, .reg files are files that will alter your registry keys. Again, if you need those or not is up to you. I would simply suggest that you just setup a special job and backup the .evt files and then just remove them. You can also restore them later if you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back