Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building the .EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun11

Programmer
Dec 22, 2009
GB
Hi,

By using project manager I used build option for creating the (.EXE). but when I go to the folder and open the .EXE file it just flashes. May I know what to do to overcome this

Thanks,
sun11

Hi mike

I am using menu and even used read events and clear events.. even then it just flashes and go away.

Thanks
sun11

Where exactly is your READ EVENTS? Can you post the code (not the whole program, please; just the relevant parts)?

And where is your CLEAR EVENTS?

Also, are you using a Congig.FPW file? If so, check that there is no _SCREEN.Visible = .F. present. If there is, try removing it.

Visual FoxPro tips, advice, training, consultancy
Custom software for your business

hi mike

I am using the read events and clear events in the main program

The code in the main program
on shutdown do cleanup in main.prg
set talk off
set deleted on
set exclusive off
set date to mdy
set status bar on

clear
clear all
close all

** Turn off the toolbar
hide window standard

** Setup any menus
do menu3.mpr
READ EVENT

procedure cleanup
clear events && stop event processing
endproc

Thanks
sun11

Make sure you set the go under the programs section and have the correct startup program selected. I once created a small app and added the form to the project first and by default it set the form as startup. I was driving me crazy because when I ran it from the comnamd line (do myprog.prg) it ran fine, but as an exe I encountered a similar problem as you described.

Jim

Sun11,

Your code looks OK.

Jim has given you a good suggestion. Essentially, you need to find the main program in the project manager, and check that it appears in bold. If it doesn't, right click on it and choose "Set as main".

Failing that the only other thing I can suggest is that you set a breakpoint near the start of the main program, and then single-step in the debugger. That might give you a clue as to the point at which the program is exiting.

One other thing: When the program has flashed off the screen, check the Task Manager to see if it's still loaded in memory. You won't see it in the Applications tab, but if it's present in the Processes tab, you know that it is still running, but is invisible. If that's the case, let us know.

Mike

Visual FoxPro tips, advice, training, consultancy
Custom software for your business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back