Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building SIP users in SMGR *after* CM endpoint exists - voice mail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell9

Technical User
Aug 18, 2005
US
CM/SM 6.3 – When building a new SIP user in System Manager, in a situation where the H.323 endpoint already exists in CM, I’m having a problem. I can’t make the Voice Mail number stay in the CM Endpoint Profile section of Communication Profile when editing or adding a SIP user. I type in our number in the Voice Mail Number section, press Commit, and I get no errors, but the Voice Mail Number entry returns to blank.

I’m not 100% sure it’s related, but the effect seems to be that in the user’s Equinox app, they can’t press the little Voice Mail icon to dial the number. They get an error: “Voicemail number is not configured...”

This is happening with *all* CM H.323 endpoints that have had SIP profiles built after the fact. When I build new CM H.323 endpoints *starting* with User Management (SIP) in System Manager, the voice mail number I input in the field stays populated, and the Equinox voice mail icon works fine.

I admit I have a lot to learn about how the SIP profile and the CM endpoints are related, but everything had been going mostly OK before this issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.

sounds like a smgr bug worth raising to avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back