Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building .exe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brezhnev

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
CA
Hi all!
I've done some small application in VFox6..now I am building .exe and that's the only thing i want to give my client ( also .dbc and couple reports)..When I run I see Fox backround and he doesn't like that...How can I have only stand-alone form on the screen ?

Thank you

Brezhnev,

Have you included a config.sys file with your project? If so, you can put the line

SCREEN=OFF

in there. That turns the screen (the background) off completely.

You will need to have a form with the ShowWindow property set to '2-As Top-Level form', otherwise your forms will disappear as well.

Hope that helps,

Stewart

Hi

1. One approach is to make the application in top level form.

Look in
How to hide the Main VFP Screen ?
faq184-1258

2. Another approach.. you can set the background image of VFP as the one liked by your user. for this..put the code in the main.PRG

_screen.picture = myImage

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G)

I have a small app that I do this with and I don't see where I used SCREEN=OFF, but that sounds very familiar. I may have missed it because it sounds correct.

I did notice my first line in my startup is:

_SCREEN.VISIBLE=.F.

and my last line is:

_SCREEN.VISIBLE=.T.

Jim Osieczonek
Delta Business Group, LLC

thanks a lot to everybody ... i think ramani's solution is the best

ok ... sorry ... but have some trouble ..I have 2 forms ...one - main one and the other one -- password form.
So unless you typed correct password i don't lunch main form . Trying to manipulate ramanis code and first of all -- it stoped working , second of all -- i can't even compile anymore(!) 'File access is denied' :)

Any suggestions ?

Hi

You have not used the EVENTS processing properly.

1. So if you do.. CTRL+ALT+DEL and see in your windows task manager, your application will still be running. Select that and close it. This will stop your File open error.

2. After the
DO FORM myMainForm
READ EVENTS

and then, when you quit the application at the ned.. in a suitable place, issue
CLEAR EVENTS

If you dont, the application will still be running in the background.

If you search this forum for READ EVENTS you will get surely sveral threads and can quickly sort out.

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G)

thanks..i already stoped .exe ..of course i had to clear events :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back