Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building CallManager Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmeuchel

MIS
Feb 2, 2006
US
Does anyone have any suggestions for building an inexpensive Call Manager lab? I attended a free Cisco VoIP class today and was told that I can purchase a NFR (not for re-sale) version of Call Manager 4.0 for $100 and that I can download Unity off the Cisco web site for free. I was thinking that I could run VMWare with
1) Call Manager
2) Unity
3) IP Communicator #1
4) IP Communicator #2
5) IP Communicator #3

and run all of these on one machine.

My only other alternative is to rent rackspace from IP Expert which is rather expensive, although I know it would be better working with real gateways, gatekeepers etc...

Does anyone have any suggestions / opinions about this scenario? I could probably convince my work to purchase a couple routers or switches or add one more VMWare machine if that would make more lab more realistic.

Thanks!
Russ

NFR License? I would love to get that. Where did you hear about that?

You can get the CallManager NFR version through Cisco. It's either the Cisco Account Manager (CAM) or Cisco Channel Manager (CCM). I'd have to double-check and find out. It's a SWEET deal though. Your CAM/CCM has to call Tech Data, Ingram Micro or whoever your distributor is and specially set it up for you to purchase at the $100 price. :) I hope it works out for you. Thanks.
Russ

There are a lot of older Cisco supported servers available on eBay or look thru this forum for instructions on how to build a CCM on Generic equipment.

Yea, use VMWare.. I do it myself.. saves power/money, etc..

just gotta make sure you have an overall box with enough memory to run all the virtual machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back