Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building an ISDN prime for Opt. 11c for new bank of DIDs 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairball1

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
US
I am attempting to build an ISDN prime for a new bank of DID numbers for a site with an Opt. 11c.
The site has existing T-1 as tie trunks. So all the thresholds are established in ld 73. I am not removing the existing T-1 tie trunks. Here is what I have done
Cleared out the analog phones on card 7 and removed the card so I have a slot to insert new DTI/PRI card.
Built the digital trunk loop in load 17 on card 7
I have built the route in ld 16.
When trying to build the trunks, I get a SCH code. "SCH3959"
A non-PRI loop number was specified in the TN, but the route member is
PRA mode.

Obviously I am building the route incorrectly, or the trunks or some step I am forgetting.
Does the DTI/Pri card have to be in the switch prior to building the trunks? I don't have the card in yet since this is a remote build and have not recieved the card delivery yet.
Any insight is appreciated.

In LD 17 your tie trunks (T1) are probably DTI. In CEQU you will need them as PRI for your ISDN needs.

MIKE

Thank You Mike.(worldwidedialtone)
Now I have a sch4788 while building the trunks.
(pri loop not configured with D-channel to provide b-channels. So, I am hoping this means I need to build the d-channel prior to building the trunks. I apologize in my delay in thanking you. I wasn't able to access my computer for a while yesterday.
"Harry" aka hairball

You define the loop in LD 17 under Parm
LD 16 build rout
LD 14 build 23 members
LD 17 build 1 DCH
LD 60 enable/disable the loop
LD 95 enable/disable the DCH

Thank you! STONECOLDPHONEMAN.
It is obviously apparent to you that I haven't built a prime before. I have built T-1 ties in the past, but always seem to forget some steps as time passes by. These also have a d-channel. I guess I am trying too hard and am wondering what the big difference is being a prime with DIDs and a tie trunk with dch. They look close to the same thing? I am going to use your layout and make another attempt shortly after lunch. You get a vote from me.
Thank you again.
Harry aka hairball1

LD 96 to enable and disable d-channels

No problem..you and world did all the work.

First thing you want to do is declare the t1 in CEQU LD 17.
Second Build the D-channel in ADAN LD 17
Third Build the Route in LD 16
Fourth Build the Channels in LD 14
TIP: you can build all the channels at once by typing:
"NEW 23" that tell the system you want to build 23 identical channels in consecutive order.

Fifth this is probably a TMDI so go to ld 48 and enable the TMDI with command ENL TMDI FDL.

Sixth enable the T1 in LD 60 with ENLL 7

Do NOT try to enable the DCH first. Let the T1 come up and it will enable the DCH for you. Use LD 96 to Disable the DCH, but let the T! enable it.

I am thoroughly impressed with everyone's eagerness to help me accomplish this task. The unknown can be scary. You all get a vote from me for Tek Masters of the week.
Tek-Tips is awesome!
Thanks again to "Worldwidedialtone", "stonecoldphoneman", "Hawks", and "Tanselm". I hope to be knowledgable as you some day and return the favor to those who need the right answers.
Harry aka "hairball1

Okay are you tired of my questions yet?
The card I am using for the Prime is a DTI/PRI not a TMDI.
I have downloadable d-channel daughter board and clock controller.
What do you do to turn on the DTI/ PRI other than enable it in load 60 ?
Thanks again to everyone for your expert help and patience with me.
Hairball1

IF it's not a TMDI Card, what is the part number of the card that you are using?

Hi,
I am using a DTI/PRI card.
Part number NTAK09(BA).
Also have a downloadable d-channel daughterboard,and clock controller to put on this card.
I intend to move my clocking to this route once I have it all fired up and connected.
I didn't order a TMDI card because their existing T-1 card for tie trunks was a DTI/PRI and no licenses were available for the TMDI.
This way the customer will only have to stock one type of T-1 card for spares.
My company is splitting the ties with the company who is getting the prime. I am assigned to get them off of our CDP. Currently all their calls come through my site via the T-1 tie trunks.

I take it your card type is MSDL for the D-Channel. If so go to LD 48 and do a download to the card.

ENL MSDL x FDL

Hello, Thank you again Hawks.
Glad you told me that! Still waiting on my cards to be delivered.
All this help is awesome.
Have a great day.
HAIRBALL1

Hawks would be correct.
instead of ENL TMDI FDL
use ENL MSDL xx FDL

Of course that also means that you have to build the DCH on the MSDL port which I believe is set through hard switches on the daughter board. Make sure the specify the correct MSDL port.

Hi Tanselm,
Thanks again for your insight.
I think there are some dip switches on the card? I probably have gotten lucky on the ones that I installed in the past, somehow they worked. (but these were for tie trunks with d-channel.
Keep checking the tek-tips sight. My next project will probably give me more challenges and questions.
Have a great day.
HAIRBALL1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back