Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building an Executable at runtime using VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntjr

Programmer
Jun 12, 2000
US
I thought I posted this, but it never showed up, so here goes again.<br><br>I am building a company internal Autorun designer program. The layout of all autorun programs is the same, but text needs to change (some might say &quot;Install Application Test&quot; and some might say &quot;Launch Install Program for Application&quot;) and they can also change the program that launches. Right now I have it writing data to an INF file, but I would really like to be able to compile what they do to an EXE, kind of like what InstallShield does - build an Executable to distribute. If necessary, I could use Visual C++.

so let me understand this, do you want an install program or executable with dynamic captioning? <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

I don't really want an Install program, but to allow programmers to use my application to design an Autorun program, and my program compile what they have done into an executable (they will not be able to edit code, just things like label captions, images, etc.). It's the same template company-wide, but with different captions and images and things of that nature.

ah I see, so you want a distribitable compiler?, not sure if thats even possible, I think microsoft would have a fit if someone could give away compilers made by their own compiler. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Good point. Do you know how InstallShield can build executables, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back