Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a T1 Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

telnettech

Vendor
May 5, 2005
US
I need to know what I need to build a T1 simulator so that I can test Cisco 2400 series IADs for useability. i need it to basically provide T1 signalling so that I can plug into the T1 port of the IAD and verify that everything works on the IAD from a telecom standpoint.

Anybody have an idea?

Brian

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can use a TTC T-BERD DS1 test set with all the options installed. There are several models.

....JIM....

My 2 cents, alot of different routers would probably work, but best would be to make sure the configuration parameters are the same or simular, how much equipment do you need to test,

normally on a t1 the protocol is: extended superframe. b8zs or AMI

WORK SMART NOT HARD

Another T1 device and null cable back to back. Make one the clock

With T1s....framing can be either SF (Super Frame) or ESF (Extended Super Frame). Coding can be either AMI (Alternate Mark Inversion) or B8ZS (Bipolar 8 Zero Substitution).

Today most T1s are ordered as ESF/B8ZS.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

If networking Mitel to Mitel msdn via T1 we found that ami was prefered. Back in sx2000 and sx200 versions lightware

Guys, s/he already said s/he wants to test including the signaling.

So Telnettech, what kind of signaling will you be using?

I know of nothing that can act like a min-PBX for a robbed bit T1.

If we are actually talking about a PRI, the Aurora PRI and Aurora Duet can both act like a mini PBX and initiate and terminate calls (or dial to itself and run test patterns).

I hope this helps. If you are in the DC area I'll come with an AUrora and test em for you (since I am out of work).

best of luck.

-------------------------------------------

TIP: If you ask a better question, you will get a better reply. Be specific so we can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back