Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a report from the correct query file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris35

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
US
We are using Info 7.5. I have scheduled a query to run every day with a date parameter prompt set to 'Yesterday'. This runs fine. Now I want to build a report off this query and schedule it to run dependent on the query returning an exit code of '0'. My question is when I am building the report in Info Design, I have to choose either a query object or a specific query instance. Which one do I use so that the report runs off the same day's query data and not a previous run of the query?

Thanks.

Hi Chris,

Base the report on the crystal query and not the instance.
When the SQL query is built it should have "Save data with report" disabled.

If there are any instances the report will use the latest instance as the datasource. If you don't schedule the SQL
query, the query will be run when the report is scheduled providing the report with the required data.

Unless the SQL query is used as a datasource for multiple
reports, I prefer scheduling the reports on a daily basis and not creating any SQL instances. This way the data will always be "fresh" and the output will be in the required format.

Regards,

Gavin

Thanks Gavin, but we do intend to use the queries for multiple reports. How do we accomplish it?

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back