Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a Group on a Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

colpac

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2006
US
Here's my query:

SELECT C1.* ,C2.Userdef02 FROM CONTACT1 AS C1 JOIN CONTACT2 AS C2 ON C2.AccountNo = C1.AccountNo WHERE (C1.Key3 = 'K' AND C1.Key2 = 'T20') ORDER BY C2.Userdef02 desc

When I execute the query, the order is descending as requested. However, when I build a group on this query and activate, I lose the sort order. In fact, I can't tell at all what the sort order is. I've tried specifying a sort option when creating the group as well as leaving it alone. How can I get the members of a group to be sorted in the order I have in the query?

Are you saying that if I did NOT have to specify the field to sort, this would not be a problem? I've tried selecting the field to sort in the group building wizard and I've tried leaving it blank.

I just don't understand why the group I'm building on the query ignores the sort order command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back