Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a Cisco lab for the CCNA Certification. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetman7

IS-IT--Management
Sep 25, 2002
US
I'm in the process of building a Cisco lab at home and would like to know exactly what h/w would be a good setup.
I have already gotten a Cisco 2516 router on it's way. If you have suggestions on a preferred setup that won't break the budget. I'm listening. I would also like this lab to scale up to a lab to provide hands on testing for the CCIE. I appreciate any inputs on the building of a CCNA--->CCIE lab.

Thanks,
David

Simple:

Add two 2501's to your lab setup, get yourself a
1924 switch (along with good IOS for each), and you
are all set. Three routers and a switch will be the
most you will need for CCNA/DA type prep. Don't
forget the CCNA exam at great practice
material!

Dogbert2,
Thanks for your input. I have a Cisco 2416 already, does this mean that I should only get 1 2501 or 1 2516. Since the 2516 is a 2501 with 1 isdn, 2 serial and 16 EN ports.
For a switch, I have been looking at the 1912en switch. The 1924 is alittle more expensive. Plus, if the router or switch does not have the current IOS, do you need special Cisco access in order to download the latest version of the IOS, per the unit?

Thanks very much.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back