Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Build number in arcserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC

MIS
Mar 27, 2001
EU
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me with what file I should be looking at to get the build number as when i do a "help and about"

Thanks in advance,
GSC

From Arcserve Manager click on "Help" along the top of the screen above the toolbar then choose "About". A splash screen will be displayed and at the bottom it'll tell you the version of Arcserve you're using, followed by the build number in brackets.

Thanks for the info, but I need to read this info from an executable or dll. The help and about will not do because I have over 400 servers to query this information from.

in the registry you will find the build number ... Example
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrightStor ARCserve Backup\UniversalClientAgent\Common\
Build / Value

I have version 11.1 and I cant find the UniversalClientAgent folder. Which version is that applicable for?

Thanks,
GSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back