Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

build booklet error

Status
Not open for further replies.

louistofari

Technical User
Oct 12, 2005
US
Dear All,

I just joined the list.

I am having a problem in trying to build a booklet in PM7. I choose the plug-in on the drop-down menu and I immediately obtain this dialogue error message: "The publication that you are trying to impose has a path name | [this is the | symbol]".

Can't figure out why it is doing this to this publication only, as I have all of my styles particularly named, there is nothing going over the gutter, and there is nothing on the pasteboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Louis Tofari

"The publication that you are trying to impose has a path name | [this is the | symbol]".
My reading of the error message is that it relates to your file- and pathname containing an unacceptable character, not anything within the PM file. This is not unusual with PM as it is so old and still contains ancient 16-bit code.

Re-save your PM publication using the old DOS 8.3 format (e.g. yourfile.pmd) and locate it in a local top level folder, again with a short name (e.g. C:\pmfiles). Do not use spaces or commas.

Also clean out your TEMP folder (with WinXP this could be some thing like "C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp" )

Hopefully Build Booklet will now run OK.

More info at:

LIVERPOOL FC - 5 times Champions of Europe. 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Dear BigJohnD,

Thanks. Your solution worked!

Louis Tofari

Great news! Thanks.

LIVERPOOL FC - 5 times Champions of Europe. 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back